Who We Are
A Safe Place to "BE"
Launch Ministry was founded in 2009 as a response to the increasing needs of 18-29 year-olds as they navigated the complex realities of adulthood without the resources and relationships necessary to thrive.
Today, Launch is a vibrant, multicultural space located in downtown Chaska which engages the needs of ALL young adults in our community in culturally competent ways. We invite young adults to bring their whole selves and to believe that they will be seen, heard and known. For a more comprehensive history of the beginnings of Launch Ministry we invite you to meet our staff.
The leader in launching in-crisis 18-29 year-olds into successful adulthood
What: Provide a safe space and empower unstably housed and in-crisis young adults with the tools, resources and support needed to transition successfully towards adulthood—enabling life-saving outcomes.
How: We focus on relationship and trust building, advocacy and navigation of the numerous complex agencies and systems with which young adults must engage to achieve success.
We believe that
- …No one is beyond redemption – REDEMPTION
- …We must honor the ways our participants identify by creating safe and welcoming practices – CULTURAL COMPETENCY
- …Everyone is a whole person and we support them as such – WHOLENESS
- …Ministry requires building long term trusting relationships – TRUST
- …Collaboration with other service providers is necessary to do this work – PARTNERSHIP
- …The whole community is responsible for the needs of young adults – SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
What We Do
110 W. Second Street Chaska, MN 55318
Located in downtown Chaska, this is the center of program delivery and the public face of Launch in the community. A safe place where unsheltered and in-crisis young adults hang out with peers, volunteers, and Launch staff. Most interaction between staff and young adults happens here in 1-on-1 and group sessions. Services delivered through the drop in include:
- A hot meal (postponed during COVID)
- Clothes, Food & Personal Products Shelf Services
- Personal Assessments
- Housing Assessments
- Adulting Game Check-In
- Referral to public/private resources
Note: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, drop in is OPEN, but with the following protections in place:
- Only one participant in the space at a time
- Must wear a mask (if you do not have one, we will provide one for you)
- Temperature will be checked upon entry and no one with a fever will be allowed to enter
- Physical distancing rules will apply and you will be asked to maintain 6 foot distance from staff while in the space
If you are new to Launch, you can click the link below to access programs and services, including weekly supply packs and gift cards.
A multi-phased, multi-dimensional, interactive, mentoring program giving participants skills to lead a fulfilling life.
Adulting 1.0 – Goal Setting
The Adulting Game is our mentoring program and one of the main ways that young adults connect with Launch. Every week, youth can set goals and earn $10 gift cards for achieving their wins! It’s easy to get started. Click the scheduling button in the lower right hand corner of your screen to get started!
Adulting 2.0 – Skill Building
Adulting 2.0 is our next level program for young adults who have gained some measure of stability and are ready to start dreaming about what they want to do next! Facilitated by community leaders, youth will grow together in a cohort and gain skills to move toward successful adulthood.
Launch ensures young adults experiencing homelessness have access to safe, high quality and affordable housing. We do this through a variety of relationships/partnerships with state organizations and housing providers. For some youth, that includes participation in the following programs:
Emergency Shelter: Young adults experiencing immediate crisis may be able to access a hotel voucher to gain a safe place to sleep. Program participants will receive food, shelter and access to case management to move toward stable housing. Note: There is usually a waiting list for this program. Click “Get Help” to schedule a crisis intake and we will help navigate you toward housing solutions.
Housing Support Program: A state funded rental subsidy program serving youth adults who have been without shelter for over a year. Launch supports youth in securing a rental property in the community, manages their rental subsidy and provides case management to maintain stable housing.
West Creek Apartments: A partnership with Launch and the Community Asset Foundation. A Chaska apartment building opening in early 2023 containing 19 efficiency units designed to provide supportive services and affordable rent to youth experiencing homelessness.
Launch Ministry is uniquely situated at the intersection of government, community, faith and service organizations to provide leadership toward solving complex issues facing young adults in the southwest metro.
- Awareness: Launch champions the needs of young adults experiencing homelessness through data-driven presentation of needs and stories of local youth.
- Advocacy: Launch works with community and political leaders to ensure that priorities and actions consider the needs of youth.
- Partnerships: Launch collaborates with a wide variety of community partners to establish working relationships in order to create projects that lead to social change.
Make a Difference
We need your support! We serve 300 youth struggling with housing and other needs every year. Your ongoing giving helps us to better serve youth experiencing homelessness in our community. Can you help?
In 2020, Launch is focusing on the following program priorities:
- Expanding our successful permanent supportive housing program into Scott County
- Expanding our Adulting 2.0 skill building program to help more youth become ready for housing and employment opportunities
- Finding better ways to onramp our youth into mental health and chemical use treatment programs
- Researching better ways to connect youth in rural parts of the two counties to our programming
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, your donation is 100% tax deductible. We exist entirely because of supporters like you. Thank you so much for your generosity!
We are so excited that you are interested in supporting our youth at Launch. There are a variety of ways to get involved. If you would like to bring a meal, sign up on our volunteer page. If you have items from our immediate needs list to donate, they can be dropped off in the donation bins behind our drop in center from 2:00-5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
If you would like to get more engaged with our youth (drop in volunteer, Adulting 2.0 community expert, etc.), you will first need to attend our Orientation and Trauma Training as well as pass a background check. Please email email@example.com to let us know that you’re interested and we’ll get you signed up for the next training!