Who We Are
Launch Ministry is a faith-based non-profit organization established to expose young adults between 18-29 years old to opportunities that will promote healthy, productive transitions into adulthood. At Launch Ministry, we assist young people in a holistic transition by providing them with tools to develop life skills, opportunities to lead and serve, and by promoting spiritual and character formation. Click here to meet some of the people involved with Launch Ministry.
What We Do
- Support struggling and homeless youth and young adults at our homeless drop-in resource center and through outreach in schools and other locations in Carver and Scott County
- Provide access to housing programs by providing housing/homeless assessments to 18-25 year olds
- Provide personal and household products, snacks, clothing and other supplies (as donated by the community)
- Provide mentoring through various means, including formal mentoring relationships, our Adulting Game (goal setting to earn gas & gift cards), informal conversations with staff and volunteers
- provide access to free dental care
- Support Groups
- Tuesday: weekly free dinner followed by Life Skills or a Speaker
- Thursday: Celebrate Recovery includes free dinner
- 12-Step Groups
- Manage a scattered-site housing program (available only through the housing assessment)
- Connect individuals with various resources throughout the area: housing, education, financial support, transportation, resources for children, etc.
- Network with churches, government, businesses, and other service organizations to best serve young people in our area
Parents of Young Adults
- Offer one on one support and support groups for parents of struggling young adults
- Provide small group curriculum for parents
- Consult with churches to help them develop young adult and parent support ministries
- Provide curriculum and training opportunities related to mentoring, support groups, and young adult ministry
- Offer churches ways to serve struggling and homeless youth, young adults, and their children in Scott and Carver Counties
- Offer businesses ways to serve struggling and homeless youth, young adults, and their children in Scott and Carver Counties
Need Help? Click the button!
Click here to give to Launch!
Get involved! Click the button to serve