Quick Sign-up Link: Sign-up Here
Launch Ministry provides a safe and stable space for struggling youth and young adults in Carver and Scott Counties. In addition to free snacks & microwave meals at our drop-in center, we offer two free weekly dinners through the support of members of the community. Each dinner if followed by programming: Tuesday’s by either a speaker or bible study, Thursday by Celebrate Recovery for 18-29 year olds (which counts as a recovery meeting).
Church groups, families, friends and individuals have enjoyed giving back to their community through providing a dinner or providing regularly scheduled dinners.
The meals provide the youth (and their children) at Launch with diverse food options, a way to stretch their budgets, and encouragement from the wider community. The time spent sharing the meals with their peers, Launch staff and Launch volunteers provides additional time for mentoring and community growth.
Having the meals provided by the community provides the staff and program volunteers with more time to work directly with the youth through mentoring and problem solving, rather than cooking and running to the store.
Interested in Providing One or More Dinners?
- Sign-up here for your preferred date or dates. You can cancel or reschedule later.
- You decide on the menu. We prefer not to have pizza, but anything else goes. One pot dishes to meat, potatoes, salad and bread all work for us. We’ve had ethnic meals and pheasant casserole! Do not worry about dietary concerns, our clients manage if necessary.
- Prepare all food off-site or order from local restaurant for up to 20 people. We do not have access to a kitchen. Please bring food in disposable dishes or be prepared to transfer leftovers to storage containers at the end of the meal. We do have crock-pots onsite if needed.
- We have paper products, water, and storage containers. However, additional take-home containers would be helpful – not necessary.
- Dinner is at 6:30pm. Please deliver the food prior to that time. You are welcome to stay and eat with us. You are also welcome to drop-off the food.
- If you have questions leading up to your scheduled dinner, call Stephanie at 815 592 3207.
Are you a Thrivent Member? Check out the Dinner & Wellness Event Action Team! See how you can cover the costs here!
PLEASE NOTE: If you would like to make a meal, but Tuesdays and Thursdays do not work for you, please contact Stephanie (stephanie @ launchministry . org) directly to make arrangements. In addition to earlier drop-off, we have the ability to reheat frozen meals in our crockpots.